March 12, 2008

Hailey's Hospital Vacation (NOT)

Laying with Mom at Timp Hospital
Layin in the Crib at Primary Childrens
Feeling Pretty Yucky
Feeling Much Better
Going Home YEA!!!!!!!

I Know I know I haven't bloged for almost a month but our life went a little hay wire for a little while, well Poor Hailey sadly could not recover from the flu by herself so finally Sunday Feb 17th I took her in to after hours and told them what she had been doing I couldn't get any food in her at all so he decided to run some test to see if she was dehydrated he told me to feed her every 5 min with a medicine dropper so as I was doing that he called me and told me that he knew he told me to go slow but now I needed to go fast and get as much apple juice in her as fast as I could and get to Timp hospital that her blood sugar was in its 20s when it should be well over 100s so we headed to timp we got there at about 4:30 p.m. and they could not get an IV in for the life of them they did finally get one in her scalp which lasted all of about 5 to 10 min. So I had a strong feeling that we needed to go to Primary Childrens so I asked them to release us and admitt us up there in which they had no problem we were released at 12:00 A.M. at timp. I asked them if they were sure we were ok to drive her up there, after there reassurance we drove her up there, thank goodness they had us all admitted. So we checked in at there emergency room and they took us upstairs as the doctor was asking us questions she told me to give her a little more apple juice as she was looking limp. The Iv team hadn't got there yet but they were on there way, as I put the apple juice in her mouth her eyes rolled to the back of her head and she went into a seizure it was the scariest thing I think I have ever seen, and I think I woke every baby up on the floor as I was screaming. They called code blue and I am not even kidding I blinked my eyes and in 2.2 sec there were about 50 people in that room and the IV went in, in 2 seconds the seizure lasted which seemed like an eternity but about 4 min I never thought a screaming baby would be so pleasent to hear but it was a great sound when she did start. They did a ct scan on her and everything was fine. We were up there for four days with her getting her all better and the seizure was only caused because of the low blood sugar. Poor thing had to get poked before every feeding. The upside to it all was we were still in there so they did the sudated echo and MRI on her heart which came back just fine and her heart looks good. So here are the pictures of her when she was in the hospital. She is feeling so much better but is keeping us up pretty much most of the night as she is teething on all 4 upper teeth at once Oh the joys of parent hood.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so sorry that she ( and you ) had to go through that! Aren't we blessed to have Primary Childrens so close though? It is an amazing place.

emily said...

What a nightmare! I am so glad that everything turned out okay! That was a scary experience and I hope nothing like that ever happens again!

Michelle C. said...

Sweet little Hailey. I'm so glad that is all over. You are an awesome mom to a beautiful baby. Love you!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I wish I could have helped you out. We would have loved to have Kya come play.

I am so sorry you guys had to go through all of that.

Tennille said...

How scary! I'm glad everything worked out ok, but how hard that must have been on all of you guys!

crystal said...

I found you! Wow...I know you told me this story already...but I still can't believe how scary it all must have been! It breaks my mommy heart!!

I need to get your email sometime to send you an invite to mine....

Dani said...

I'm so sorry!! Tanner was in the hospital for the same thing a couple of weeks ago, only he was admitted a little sooner, so he wasn't as bad off. He was dehydrated and his blood sugar was low too(50's), but not to that extreme! I'm so glad that she is doing better. This is Danielle Adams, btw. Glad to have found your blog!

Trixy said...

Thanks guys Crystal send me an email so I can add you trixcells1978@yahoo.com

Gail said...

Wow, as if her life hasn't had enough drama already. I think it is more stressful to watch as your child is in distress. Glad to hear that you have all survived the ordeal.

Mariah said...

Hey Trixy,

So sorry to hear you've been through so much trauma. Your poor little Hailey. I'm glad things are better now. And I hope Kiya did well at her dance competition!

J Glazier said...

So Glad things are better hope it stays that way you've had enough :) Seeing kids so sick is so sad and scary and DRAINING. I'm sending you an invite to my blog since I'm going private.